The Dermaroller Therapy provides advanced micro-medical skin-needling, a procedure that stimulates the skin to regenerate and repair itself naturally and safely, creating smoother, brighter, healthier, younger-looking skin.
Dermaroller is a natural skin regeneration and Scar Repair Therapy also used in the process of stretch mark removal and scar removal.
Dermaroller can significantly improve the appearance of:
- Facial, neck and decolletage lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Aged and sun damages skin
- Scars (including acne)
- Rejuvenation of face, neck and hands
There are many reasons why people choose to have Dermaroller: The Dermaroller Therapy utilises sterile medical devices. Aesthetic Practitioner will use a Dermaroller medical device to produce thousands of micro-medical needle columns in the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin and will be approximately 0.5mm to 1.5 mm in width. The column will close rapidly enabling the skin to recover quickly - often in the same day.
After the procedure your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. This takes time as new collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced. It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement.
The Dermaroller Therapy utilises sterile medical devices. Aesthetic Practitioner will use a Dermaroller medical device to produce thousands of micro-medical needle columns in the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin and will be approximately 0.5mm to 1.5 mm in width. The column will close rapidly enabling the skin to recover quickly - often in the same day.
- The Dermaroller Therapy reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scarring, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and sun damage
- Tightens pores which become larger as we age
- The treatment requires no down time and recovery times are shorter than Laser treatments
- It naturally stimulates the skin to repair itself creating a thicker and healthier appearance
- It improves the appearance of acne scarring and chicken pox scars
- The Dermaroller Therapy is carried out by our fully qualified Cosmetic and Aesthetic Practitioners who are specially trained and highly experienced in carrying out the treatment
- The Dermaroller Therapy is suitable for all skin tones and types
You may look and feel as though you have sunburn, to ensure your skin returns to normal as quickly as possible and to achieve the best results we advise:
- Always make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean when touching the treatment area post procedure.
- Aggressive Skin Care Products should be avoided until the redness has subsided and it is recommended that makeup is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid sauna’s, exercise, hot baths/showers until the redness has gone (this is usually within 48 hours minimum)
- Avoid intensive sunlight exposure and artificial UV exposure for a period of at least 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
- Fake tan should not be applied 10-14 days prior, and 7 days following a Dermaroller treatment
Once the redness has resolved, the skin may exfoliate more and feel drier than normal. At the Dermaesthetics clinic we would recommend the following Skin Care Range for patients receiving Dermaroller Therapy:
- Dermaquest Essential Daily Cleanser am and pm
- Dermaquest Essential B5 Serum am and pm
- Dermaquest Essential Stem Cell Rebuilding Complex am and pm
- Dermaquest Essential Moisturizer am and pm
- DermaquestSheerZinc SPF 30 am throughout the course.
For patients with oily skin types/ or prone to occasional acne break outs may experience a break out following a Dermaroller treatment as the deeper impurities in the may need to surface due to increase of cell turnover.
Please speak to your treatment specialist to discuss methods and suitable products to help reduce the acne symptoms.
Maintenance treatments are normally recommended to achieve optimum result.
A topical anaesthetic cream will be applied prior to your treatment to numb the skin making the procedure comfortable; it will normally take up to 45min for the topical anaesthetic to work.
The Dermaroller is used to treat the face and neck, the décolletage and the backs of hands.
Depending on the area chosen the treatment is relatively quick taking approximately 45 minutes.
Immediately after your Dermaroller treatment you will look as though you have moderate sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This will start to subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day with only slight redness the following day. Your Aesthetic Practitioner will advice you on what to do following treatment.
We advise that make up is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure and a strong UVA/UVB sunscreen is recommended following the treatment.
The results from a Dermaroller treatment are permanent. As it is a repair of the skin it does not revert after a given time period. Dermaroller for fine lines and wrinkles will improve the skin; however it will not stop skin ageing and new lines forming.
Following treatment there should be a visibly regenerated skin to hide the signs of ageing and reduce scars. Your skin will appear more radiated and refreshed. It can take up to six weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement.
Dermaroller Therapy is suitable for use on darker skins and for use during the summer months when other treatments are more risky due to the increased UV sensitivity they can induce.