SKINPEN MICRONEEDLING IN LONDON
Dermaesthetics Clinic is proud to offer the only globally FDA approved micro-needling device (SkinPen Precision) which is clinically proven with visible results seen after one treatment. SkinPen Precision creates controlled micro injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing response which initiates the release of natural growth factors to improve collagen formation and cellular tissue. Collagen Induction Therapy assists in the rejuvenation of the epidermal integrity resulting in improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. SkinPen Precision can effectively remodel scar tissue whilst maintaining the overall structure of the skin. SkinPen can be used on all areas of the face and body and can treat a number of concerns.
Our therapists use tiny sterile probes to injure the skin on purpose, in a controlled, sterile environment. The probes enter the skin vertically without tearing or scratching the tissue. This causes inflammation and triggers ‘a wound healing response’.
The first stage starts immediately after the procedure, which is an inflammatory response to prevent further infection and blood loss. Without this response, no healing can take place.
The functions of the next phase prevent infection, and clean the wound to provide the best conditions for healing:
- The damaged cells and bacteria are removed from the area
- The blood vessels dilate (the skin goes red) to allow the white blood cells to flood to the area
- The white blood cells and nutrients from the blood, enter the wound and accumulate there. They cleanse the wound by releasing chemicals that digest any bacteria or tissue debris present. Once this is complete, the white cells die off and can be seen as moist, sticky tissue
Phase 3 is known as the Proliferative Phase. During this, the fibroblast cells (responsible for making collagen), gather at the wound and produce new collagen.
The new collagen is not laid down in nice straight lines, instead it is constructed in a random, disorganised fashion. This happens because the body is trying to repair the area quickly.
The skin then contracts to heal the wound.
In the final phase, white blood cells re-jig the disorganised collagen and compact it down into nice, straight, structured lines, giving the skin strength, volume and a more youthful appearance.
The wound healing response is complete.
- Improves wrinkles, minimises pore size and induce skin tightening
- Stimulates collagen production promoting regeneration and better complexion
- Improves surgical, traumatic, burn and acne scars
- Treats hyperpigmentation (brown spots and Melasma)
- Minimally invasive procedure performed in-office with little, to no recovery time
- Noticeable results in less than a day
- Safe for all skin types, light to dark
- Effective on all body parts, including face, neck and décolletage
Topical anaesthetic will be applied for 20-30 minutes prior the treatment for additional comfort.
One of our Doctors or aestheticians will carefully assess your skin to establish if you are a candidate and will thoroughly explain the procedure, risks and benefits prior to treatment.
The SkinPen is carefully glided across the area of concern using the Skinfuse LIFT HG (Allergy free from cytotoxic) to create hundreds of microscopic puncture wounds which stimulates the natural repair process and activates collagen and elastin production. Erythema should be visible with possible signs of blood spotting, this gives us indication that the depth is at its correct point in order to penetrate deep enough into the skin.
You should avoid touching the area or applying any products onto the skin for 12 hours in order to prevent infection. Post treatment Skinfuse LIFT HG can be applied to help soothe the area. After 12 hours Skinfuse RESCUE Calming complex can be used to help support remodelling of the skin. The treatment area can be red and warm for 24 to 48 hours post treatment but most patients see a reduction in erythema after 24 hours of treatment. Specific post treatment instructions will be given to you by a Nurse or Doctor at the clinic
You may look and feel as though you have sunburn, to ensure your skin returns to normal as quickly as possible and to achieve the best results we advise:
- Always make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean when touching the treatment area post procedure.
- Aggressive Skin Care Products should be avoided until the redness has subsided and it is recommended that makeup is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid sauna’s, exercise, hot baths/showers until the redness has gone (this is usually within 48 hours minimum)
- Avoid intensive sunlight exposure and artificial UV exposure for a period of at least 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
- Fake tan should not be applied 10-14 days prior, and 7 days following a SkinPen treatment
Once the redness has resolved, the skin may exfoliate more and feel drier than normal. At the Dermaesthetics clinic we would recommend the following Skin Care Range for patients receiving SkinPen Therapy:
- Dermaquest Essential Daily Cleanser am and pm
- Dermaquest Essential B5 Serum am and pm
- Dermaquest Essential Stem Cell Rebuilding Complex am and pm
- Dermaquest Essential Moisturizer am and pm
- DermaquestSheerZinc SPF 30 am throughout the course.
For patients with oily skin types/ or prone to occasional acne break outs may experience a break out following a SkinPen treatment as the deeper impurities in the may need to surface due to increase of cell turnover.
Please speak to your treatment specialist to discuss methods and suitable products to help reduce the acne symptoms.
Maintenance treatments are normally recommended to achieve optimum result.
Pain free (due to topical anaesthetic use pre treatment) treatment with little downtime.
The SkinPen is used to treat the face and neck, the décolletage, body and scalp.
Treatment times vary
- Skin rejuvenation – 4-6 treatments are required at an interval of 4-6 weeks apart
- Skin refresh 1-2 treatments at an interval of 4-6 weeks apart
- Acne scars – 6 treatments are required at an interval of 6 weeks apart
- Pigmentation – 4-6 treatments given monthly
- Stretch marks – up to 10 treatments are recurred at an interval of 4-6 weeks apart
Immediately after your SkinPen treatment you will look as though you have moderate sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This will start to subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day with only slight redness the following day. Your Aesthetic Practitioner will advice you on what to do following treatment.
We advise that make up is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure and a strong UVA/UVB sunscreen is recommended following the treatment.
The results from a SkinPen treatment are permanent. As it is a repair of the skin it does not revert after a given time period. SkinPen for fine lines and wrinkles will improve the skin; however it will not stop skin ageing and new lines forming.
Following treatment there should be a visibly regenerated skin to hide the signs of ageing and reduce scars. Your skin will appear more radiated and refreshed. It can take up to six weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement.
SkinPen Therapy is suitable for use on darker skins and for use during the summer months when other treatments are more risky due to the increased UV sensitivity they can induce.